Yakima came stacked to this year’s ICAST show with several new products for 2019. The new collection includes the first universal kayak saddle strong enough for heavy duty fishing kayaks, a lightweight trailer, and the HD Truck Rack Collection.
Yakima Sportsman Collection
The new gear hauling solutions for anglers include the BigCatch fishing kayak saddle, which transports kayaks up to 150lbs, and the EasyRider trailer, a sleek two-level workhorse that transports up to three fishing kayaks, or becomes a home on wheels with the addition of the new ruggedized version of Yakima’s popular rooftop tent, the SkyRise HD. Yakima is also introducing the Skinny Warrior, a new size of the best-selling cargo basket designed to create more roof rack space to carry gear.
Bust out the big boats! With a whopping 150 lb. capacity, the BigCatch is the first universal kayak saddle strong enough to handle heavy fishing kayaks and sit-on-tops. Simple to install and easy to load, the rubber-padded saddles conform to the kayak’s hull for a super-secure, full contact carry that’s easy on the boat. Want to make loading even easier? The kit includes felt pads that easily secure to the rear pads to help slide the boat into the cradle. Heavy Duty straps and Bow/Stern Tie Downs are also included and the universal mounting hardware fits most roof racks.
- Specially designed to support the extra weight of fishing kayaks and other heavy kayaks.
- Handles up to 150lb., enough for the heaviest kayaks.
- Oversized cradle protects the boat and conforms to a variety of hull shapes.
- Soft rubber pads protect the kayak from dings and scratches.
- Felt pads for easy kayak loading.
- Universal mounting hardware fits Yakima StreamLine, Round Bars, HD Bars, and most other crossbars.
- Easy, tool-free installation to quickly mount, load, and go.
- Heavy Duty Straps and Bow and Stern Tie-downs included
- MSRP: $199
After an additional year of rigorous testing, Yakima is now ready to launch its innovative new utility trailer, the EasyRider. With two levels and 500 lbs. of carrying capacity, the EasyRider hauls up to three fishing kayaks and rec boats up top with room for coolers and gear underneath. Or load up some bikes, paddleboards, or a couple of cargo boxes. Together with the new BigCatch, it’s the complete package for the kayak angler on the move, and it’s also the perfect base for the SkyRise rooftop tent, creating and instant travel trailer. Equipped with Yakima’s widest, burliest bars, it accepts any Yakima mount. And the design allows addition of another set of bars for even more gear-hauling options. A smart handle lets you use it as a handcart, and the aluminum construction is strong and light. Storage is easy—just fold in the tongue and roll it out of the way. EasyRider accessories include the Spare Tire, which easily attaches to the trailer’s frame so the spare is always there if needed ($179), and the TentKit, which creates a level platform for the SkyRise rooftop tent ($199).
- New design with maximum crossbar spread (58″) is ideal for fishing kayaks and longer boats
- Top deck: 78″ wide
- Lower deck: 50″ wide
- Distance between decks: 22″
- Organize a variety of gear with two levels of storage.
- Easily add the TentKit accessory to creat a towable SkyRise tent platform
- Lightweight aluminum construction is strong and corrosion-resistant
- Shock absorbers give gear and easy ride, even at highway speeds
- Storage is a breeze – just fold the tongue and stash the trailer flat
- Roll boats right to the water’s edge – an integrated handle easily converts the trailer to a handcart
- Instantly becomes and heavy-duty utility trailer for workdays or DIY weekends, just add wood
- 500lb carrying capacity – load it up!
- Works with Class I, II and III hitches when a 2″ sized ball is attached
- Tires are tubeless trailer tires, available at any tire show
- Weight: 175lbs.
- MSRP: $2,799
A true warrior, the new SkinnyWarrior cargo basket is built from rugged, weather resistant steel and includes a fairing to reduce drag and wind noise. A sleek addition to Yakima’s cargo basket collection, this is a great load-and-go addition for a multisport rooftop system. Use the SkinnyWarrior to haul coolers and firewood, and save space to add bikes, boats, boards, or even a SkyRise rooftop tent. MSRP: $329
Accessories include the SkinnyWarrior ExtensION ($109) for wrangling even more gear with 16″ of additional , the StretchNet Skinny ($39), which is designed for the Skinny Warrior with or without extension and keeps loose gear safe and secure, even on bumpy back roads.
The SkyRise HD is the perfect hub for an evening by the water, providing a comfortable home base for early morning rises and late night paddles. This latest version of Yakima’sbest-selling rooftop tent features many upgrades and refinements that add up to heavy duty improvements. Sleep high above the wet ground in more usable space, and expanded windows, doors, and skylights provide grand views and ventilation.
The tent body is made from a thicker 600D Ripstop Poly fabric and an added layer of 3000mm waterproof PU coating, and the rain fly is 210D Ripstop Poly with a 3000mm PU coating – providing four-season weather protection. A burlier floor material ups the tent’s durability. Floor-mounted d-rings and guy points make it easier to hang gear and guy out the tent for a secure pitch in windy conditions, and a new ladder design makes it easier to adjust for various vehicle and ground heights. Customize the SkyRise with Yakima’s collection of roof top tent accessories, or pair with the EasyRider High trailer for a traveling base camp.
SkyRise HD Small: $1599
- SkyRise HD Medium: $1999