St Croix Avid Pearl Spinning Rods – This series of American made rods was built with the hardcore fisher-woman in mind! These beauties are highly specialized, technique-specific rods that despite their glitzy appearance are all business on the water.
I was so excited when this rod arrived to my door. It is amazing how good this rod looks, but this is no toy. It has a stout butt for those bull reds yet it tapers to a light tip action for those trout bites. Weighing only 4.2 oz for both 7’0″ and 6’8″ med action rods, it is very light and perfectly sensitive. Plus, with its fuchsia-metallic exterior…its so pretty! I am a fan of cork handles. For me, it allows a better grip, especially when they get a little wet and with the shape and split grip of this handle it fit perfectly in my hand. What impressed me the most with the Avid Pearl, was the improved accuracy and distance of my cast. I would like to take most of the credit in this area, being the skilled fisherman that I am, but I do have to admit that this rod did help me increase the distance and get that bait exactly where I wanted it to be. With the price range of $209.99-$239.99, it is an investment, but you get what you pay for and this rod certainly delivers. Check out the specs below and definitely try these out. You wont be disappointed.
St Croix Avid Pearl Spinning Rods – Premium SCIII graphite blanks with two coats of finish are mated with Alps zirconium guides and a Fuji reel seat to create an incredibly sensitive and lightweight, yet strong and durable rod that can tackle any fish you care to pursue. A metallic fuchsia finish on the blank with an abalone barrel on the reel seat adds an attractive touch to these serious fishing tools. Made in Park Falls, WI, U.S.A.
- Integrated Poly Curve (IPC) tooling technology.
- Premium, high-modulus SCIII graphite.
- Incredibly lightweight and sensitive with extreme strength and durability.
- Specialized, technique-specific and species-specific designs for women.
- Slim-profile ferrules.
- Alps zirconium guides with 316 stainless-steel frames for outstanding corrosion resistance.
- Fuji SKM reel seat with abalone barrel.
- Split-grip/select-grade cork handle.
- Two coats of Flex Coat slow-cure finish.
- Lifetime limited warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service.
- Designed and handcrafted in Park Falls, U.S.A