Our good friend, Scrib Perry, shares his recipe for fish tacos using redfish.
- 1lb redfish fillets
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- thin cut lime slices
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups pre-cut cole slaw mix
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 fresh mango
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place redfish fillets on a large sheet of aluminum foil; pour lemon juice over the fillets and season with salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste. Place lime slices on top of redfish fillets. Fold the foil around the fish and seal to create a pouch; place pouch in a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily with a fork; about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon black pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl until smooth. Combine slaw mix, carrots, mango, pineapple, cilantro, jalapeno, and red onion in a large bowl. Pour dressing over vegetables and fruit; toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate slaw until ready to serve.
- Divide fish evenly among flour tortillas. Spoon slaw over fish to serve.