Recipe Friday returns with a great Friday night treat for the family… Pizza with new potatoes, smoked trout, and goat cheese! Gather the family around this great dinner idea and curl up with a great family movie and enjoy!
Smoked trout makes a great appetizer, but it can be hard to know exactly what to do with leftovers. This hearty pizza with potatoes and goat cheese might just be the best use for the fish. Though seafood doesn’t often go very well with cheese, the smokiness of the trout really stands up to the tangy dairy in this dish. If you can’t find crème fraîche, substitute sour cream that’s been thinned with a little bit of heavy cream.
Pizza with New Potatoes, Smoked Trout, and Goat Cheese
- 2 (7-ounce) dough balls, rolled out
- 4 medium fingerling potatoes, sliced very thinly (on a mandolin is recommended)
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces smoked trout, crumbled
- 4 ounces semi-soft goat cheese, thinly sliced or crumbled
- 2 small spring onions, sliced into very thin rings
- 2 ounces olives, pitted, optional
- ¼ cup crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Fresh dill sprigs or lemon thyme leaves
Directions: Preheat oven to 550 to 580 degrees Fahrenheit. Lay potato slices in a single layer over dough. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Scatter trout and cheese evenly over potatoes, then top with onions and olives. Mix crème fraîche and horseradish together and set aside. Transfer pizzas to oven and cook until crust is crisp and top is beginning to brown. Drizzle with horseradish sauce, scatter herbs over, slice, and serve.
Receipe Courtesy of www.woodstonehome.com
We hope you enjoy this great recipe idea. Have a great idea for a fish inspired meal? Send it over to us and we’ll share it up with everyone!