Day 2 of the 25 Reviews of Christmas brings us the Okuma Fishing Citrix rod. Every angler needs a solid fishing rod to go on their kayak, but most of us don’t want something that’s going to break the bank. We want quality without overpaying just for a name, while at the same time we want the fishing rod to perform at a high level and be able to bring those trophy fish to the yak. The Citrix rod gives the kayak angler all of that and so much more.
I’ve been a fan of the products from Okuma Fishing for some time now. They produce are quality rods which are light and feel great in your hand, but don’t force you to take out a second mortgage on your home. I want a quality rod, but I can’t afford to drop several hundred dollars on a fishing rod alone. I’ve used the Okuma Citrix rod on several occasions and I’m floored with how well it handles bringing in quality inshore fish to my kayak. I’ve had this rod doubled over with 30+ inch fish, and it’s handled everything I’ve thrown at it. Very light and fits well in your hand, and not bad on the eyes with the orange trim and black rod blank. If you’re looking for a quality fishing rod that will serve you well out on the water, then I highly suggest the Okuma Citrix fishing rod.
Okuma Citrix rod
- IM8 graphite blank construction
- Lightweight EVA split grips for reduced weight
- Zero fore-grip design for improved balance and weight reduction
- ALPS stainless steel guide frames
- Zirconium line guide inserts for use with braid or mono lines
- Pac Bay MINIMA reel seat for reduced weight
- Custom anodized aluminum reel seat threads for strength and balance
- Stainless steel hook keeper
- Citrix rods are backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- MSRP: $119.99