We’re always looking for new ways to eat our favorite catch and this week is a find! We kick off this week’s edition of Recipe Friday with Macadamia Crusted Yellowtail Snapper.Summer is upon us, and we take full advantage of any opportunity to kick back with a summertime meal out on the patio. This week’s recipe features macadamia crusted yellowtail snapper with a mango salsa, which everyone will love. This is the perfect summertime recipe to invite family and friends over to enjoy a mild summer evening.
2lbs yellowtail fillets
1/2 cup macadamia nuts, crushed
1/3 cup panko crumbs
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup milk
3 cups arugula
1 tbsp. champagne vinegar
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 mango, peeled and diced
1/4 red onion
1 jalapeno pepper
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Juice of 2 limes
- Combine 1/2 cup crushed macadamia nuts, 1/3 cup panko crumbs, salt and pepper in a bowl
- In another bowl, combine one egg with 1/4 cup milk to form egg wash.
- Dip and fully coat fish in egg wash, then coat with crust mix and set aside.
- Combine juice from one orange and one lemon with 1 tbsp. of champagne vinegar. Whish in 1 tbsp. olive oil gradually to form an emulsion to create vinaigrette. Season to taste. Toss vinaigrette with arugula.
- To make Salsa, finely chop 1/4 of a red onion, jalapeno, 1/4 cup cilantro and diced mango. Combine with the lime juice.
- Heat 1tbsp olive oil in a skillet. Fry the fish for 5-6 minutes on each side.
- To serve, mound salad in the center of a plate and place the fish on top.
- Spoon salsa onto the fish fillets.
We hope everyone enjoys this great summer time recipe. Let us know how you liked it, or if you have a great recipe idea, send it over to us and we’ll publish it.