Kayak rigging is easily one of the most exciting interactions we have with our kayaks right after we purchase our new kayak. We’re always excited to begin the kayak rigging, and companies are giving us more options each year. Kayak rigging and the tools available to the kayak angler are simply better with each passing year.
Kayak rigging is a favorite pastime of every kayak angler, and I think that goes without saying. We love tinkering with our kayaks, adding new gear, and updating our kayaks to make more productive on our next kayak fishing trip.
When most anglers think of kayak rigging, one company always seems to be the first one we think of: YakAttack. Whether it be gear tracks, storage crates, rod holders, or camera mounts, it’s tough to beat the quality of YakAttack. This year, Luther Cifers introduced us to the anchor trolley, and yet again, rigging excitement went up!
YakAttack Anchor Trolley
- LeverLoc Line Clamp
- PadHook Line Guides
- Harken Pulleys
- 35″ of Made in the USA 550 Paracord with reflective tracer
- Backing Plates for Added Strength
Swivel Stick introduced the latest in their shallow water anchor systems with the new Twister. The Twister’s slim line design enables the user to store their anchor on the side of the vessel without compromising the paddler. Its design enables the user to stow and deploy an anchor pin or stake out pole using one hand.
Twister Anchor System
The Twister is CNC machined of T6 6061 aircraft aluminum. It is anodized for maximum protection and all the hardware is made out of 316 Stainless steel. The Twister is designed to work with any stake out pole, whether it’s the stick it pin, the Wang Anchor, or any other stake out pole. “If it fits ,it sticks!”.
- Unique Maneuvering & Stabilizing Features
- One Hand Anchoring
- Slim Design
- Docking Capabilities
- Low Maintenance
- MSRP: $134.99
Scotty Fishing has been in existence since 1952 bringing about kayak rigging accessories for the kayak angler. New this year from Scotty Fishing are Stick-On Accessory mounts and Transducer Arm Mounts.
Kayak/SUP Transducer Arm Mounts
- Made of high strength composite
- Includes the #415 Slip Discs for micro adjustments
- Telescopes from 11.5″ to 18″
- Swivel 360 degrees
Shoreline Marine entered the kayak rigging arena with a myriad of products, including LED lighting, rod holders, gear storage, and so much more. We were very impressed with their Ultimate Kayak Bag.
Ultimate Kayak Bag
- Accessory Pouches with Elastic Retainers
- 2 Fishing Rod Holders
- Lined Storage Compartment
- Tackle Tray Mesh Pockets
- Tie Down Loops
- Water Resistant 1200 Denier Coated Canvas
- Accepts Standard 13 x 13 Crate
After 35 years of fishing, and countless times cutting line with his teeth or fumbling for scissors and knives, Line Cutterz founder, Vance ,thought there had to be a safer and more convenient way to perform such a simple task. He immediately began designing his now patent-pending line cutting ring for cutting fishing line.
Line Cutter Ring
- Velcro adjustable strap to fit all sizes
- 2 Sided Stainless blades set in black ABS plastic
- Cuts Mono & Braided Line
- MSRP: $12
- Aluminum body and jaw trigger
- Extra wide jaw opening
- Ergonomic foam grip
- Comfortable palm design
- Compact & lightweight
- MSRP: $19.99
Cuda Tools has launched one of the most comprehensive lines of fishing tools. The tools are created with a breakthrough design that uses only the best in materials including Titanium Alloy, Aluminum Alloy, German Stainless Steel and Tungsten Carbide, guaranteeing the ultimate in performance.
- Titanium Bonded
- Integrated Tungsten Carbide Wire Cutters
- High-leverage mono & braid compound cutters
- Visible full-tang Aluminum Alloy construction
- Non-slip Cuda scale pattern grips Includes ballistic nylon sheath and convenient lanyard
- MSRP: $80.49
Hurricane offers a broad selection of rods, reels, combos, tackle and accessories that saltwater anglers turn to for high-quality, great performance, and exceptional value. We combine high-end technology and countless hours of on-water experience to meet the specific needs of the inshore, back country, offshore and blue water anglers.
- Heavy Duty Construction
- Ceramic cutting blades
- Cuts mono & braided line
- Floating soft grip handles
Performance Aluminum Pliers
- Machine cut solid anodized aluminum construction
- Internal spring for precision gripping
- Tungsten carbide cutters
- Coated carbon steel inserts
- Denier sheath & coil lanyard with anodized aluminum carabiner