One of the key knives to have in your kitchen tool and tackle box collection should be a fillet knife. A fillet knife looks like a thin knife with a 6 to 12-inch, exceptionally flexible and sharp blade, with some blades able to make a right angle. This flexibility allows you to get next to the bone, so you can cut along curved bones and effortlessly remove the flesh. A great knife is an investment and as such, it should have the quality, function, handling, and precision to make filleting the days catch an effortless and quick task. Check out our recommendations below for some great options and any angler would be happy to find one of these under their tree this holiday season.
ZWILLING Pro is the most user-friendly knife available to market. The unique blade shape and ergonomic bolster are the result of 280 years of experience in knife making, and the rigorous study of how knives are used. Made in Germany, designed in Italy by Matteo Thun.
ZWILLING Pro 7″ Fillet Knife – Long, slim, thin and flexible blade. Best suited for cutting meat off the bone.
- Zwilling J.A. Henckel 7″ Pro Fillet Knife
- Precision honed and laser controlled edge
- FRIODUR Ice Hardened
- Ergonomic bolster and a hollow-edged blade
- Hand wash only
- Combines Japanese and European Cutting Methods
- Made in Germany
- Lifetime Warranty
Wusthof Classic knives are forged from one piece of specially tempered, high carbon, alloyed stainless steel to ensure outstanding strength and sharpness. Classic series knives were the first to feature Wusthof PEtec – Precision Edge Technology – for an easily maintained razor-sharp edge that retains its cutting performance twice as long as other knives. The attractive, ergonomic handle is designed for comfort and control, and is made of a seamless, synthetic material for a hygienic grip. The handle is triple-riveted to the full-length tang for exceptional durability and the full bolster protects fingers from slipping.
- 7.1-inch flexible fillet knife for filleting, deboning, skinning fish
- Hand-forged of high-carbon steel with stain-resistant alloy
- Precise tapering from grinding and polishing procedure
- Weighted bolster; full, triple-riveted tangs
- Synthetic traditional-style handles
De-bone and fillet fish with unbelievable precision when you use the Bubba Blade FLEX Blade Fillet Knife. This 9” fillet knife has a 6” non-slip grip handle, full tang high carbon stainless steel construction and a razor sharp blade. Coated with a non-stick surface to prevent rust, the FLEX blade is incredibly balanced, strong and durable. Custom black sheath included with purchase.
- 9” fillet knife from Bubba Blade
- 6” non-slip grip handle
- Full tang construction made from one-piece of steel
- Incredibly balanced, strong and durable
- Coated with non-stick surface bonded with Titanium to prevent rust
- Trigger grip can handle additional pressure
- Thumb and finger pads for comfort
- Safety guards protect from blade and fish spines
- High carbon stainless steel construction
- Factory-sharpened by hand for razor sharp blade
- Rockwell hardness rating 56-58
- Custom black synthetic sheath with Velcro® straps included
- 34 layers of stainless steel surround the super-steel cutting core
- Hand-sharpened double-bevel blade
- Water-resistant pakkawood handles
- Traditional Japanese handle design featuring ridges for better grip
- Full composite tang for strength and balance
- Manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty