School is out and summer is officially upon us. Time to fire up the grill and enjoy some great dinners out on the patio with friends and family. In our return to our Recipe Friday menu, we’re kicking it off with Fish Tacos with Lime Crema and Mango Salsa.
Now that we’ve got your attention and you drooling a little bit, here’s a great summer time recipe for your next grill outing, Fish Tacos with Lime Crema and Mango Salsa! Summer time is the perfect time to fire up the grill, invite friends and family over, and enjoy a night together. An even better way to enjoy it is fishing off your yak, then bringing home fish to make this wonderful recipe! Bon Apetit!
- Mango Salsa:
- 1 3/4 cups diced peeled mango (about 2 mangoes)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime Crema:
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado
- 1 pound mahimahi
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 8 (6-inch) gluten-free corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
***The Lime Crema really makes the recipe! If you don’t have any mango on hand, pineapple makes a good substitute.***
How to Make it
- To prepare salsa, combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To prepare Lime Crema, place mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients (through avocado) in a food processor; process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days
- To prepare tacos, preheat grill to medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Place fish on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cook 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove from grill; break into chunks with a fork.
- While fish cooks, warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Spoon 3 ounces fish, 1/4 cup salsa, 1 1/2 tablespoons crema, and 1/4 cup cabbage onto each tortilla; fold in half.
***Add a side of Cilantro-Lime Rice to complete your meal.***