One tool that every kayak angler should own is a good fillet knife. I mean, how else are you going to clean those fill you just landed on a great day of kayak fishing??? Day 7 of our 25 Days of Christmas Guide features some great fillet knives that your kayak angler is sure to love.
While there are a ton of options when it comes to fillet knives, we’ll give you a few options to give you an idea of what’s available. Some of our favorites include Cuda Brand and Bubba Blade.
Cuda knives feature Titanium Bonded German 4116 Full-Tang Stainless Steel. The 4116 steel is known for its corrosion resistance and incredible edge retention. Our knives do not stop there. As with all Cuda products, we have integrated a scale grip pattern for the perfect grip. All Cuda tools also feature our full-tang window proving the knife blade goes all the way through the handle giving strength and control to the blade.
- Titanium Bonded blade stays sharper longer
- Precision ground flex edge
- German 4116 corrosion resistant stainless steel
- Visible full-tang stainless steel construction
- Non-slip Cuda scale pattern grips & Lifetime Warranty
- MSRP: $19.54
- Precision Ground Edge
- Semi-Flex Wide Blade
- Fresh water and Salt Water
- USA 40A Corrosion Resistant Stainless Carpenter Steel Blade
- 47 Layer, Compressed, Cold Molded Micarta® Handles
- Full-Tang Construction
- Custom Hard Molded Sheath
- MSRP: $74.74
As fishermen, we were sick and tired of our fillet knives going dull, rusting, pitting, slipping out of our hand and not being able to hold up in a harsh saltwater environment. We wanted a knife that could handle a rigorous life at sea. After searching for this perfect knife, we found that one did not exist anywhere, for any price. That’s when we set out to make the best fillet knife possible. After consulting with many other fishermen with multiple prototypes over the course of a year, production began on what we think is the Ultimate Fillet Knife™. The end result is a set of fillet knives that stay sharper longer, resist rusting, and hold up under the harsh environment of saltwater fishing. The Bubba Blade also has a handle that is safer and easier to grip. This new patented no slip grip handle was created so that there is protection from the blade and protection from the spines of fish like Scolpin. When filleting fish on the back of the boat, hands covered in blood and fish slime you need to be able to bear down on the knife without the fear of your hand slipping off the handle easily.
This knife is designed for the fisherman that likes some flex to the blade. Excellent for filleting fish of all sizes. The Bubba Blade™ patented, textured no-slip-grip handle is paired with a high carbon stainless steel for effortless cutting and total knife control.
- 9″ blade with 6″ handle for a total length of 15″
- Full tang construction made from a single piece of steel provides strength and stability while balancing the knife
- Non-stick coating prevents rusting & pitting and keeps meat from sticking on the blade
- Trigger grip lets you put some heat on the knife when needed
- Thumb & finger pads ensure total control
- Safety guards for protection from the blade & spines of fish
- 8CR13MOV stainless steel – extremely durable, exceptional edge retention yet easy to resharpen
- Large patented textured no-slip-grip handle made from thermoplastic polymer then wrapped with a special synthetic rubber that stays sticky when wet for total grip security
- Factory sharpened by hand to razor sharpness
- Rockwell hardness rating 56-58
- Custom black synthetic sheath with velcro straps
- MSRP: $54.95
The moment Rapala introduced Fish ’n Fillet® knives they enhanced the fishing experience for millions. Until then, fishermen had a long and grizzly history of clumsily whittling down a prized catch to something resembling a fillet of songbird. The tapered design and unique flexibility of the Fish ’n Fillet made filleting easier, which is why to this day they’re still the number one fillet knives in the world.
More guts than any other knife, this is the one that taught the world to fillet. With over 40 million sold to date, this knife is used in more fishing camps, on more charter boats and by more fisherman than any other fillet knife in the world. Progressively tapered, flexible, full-tang blade of European stainless steel that takes and holds an ultra-sharp edge is securely anchored in legendary birch handle. All protected by a fine tooled leather Laplander sheath with “safety-first” free-swing belt loop that always keeps sheath and blade clear of the body. With four blade sizes to choose from, there’s one just right for every fish cleaning chore. Includes easy-to-use single-stage sharpener that keeps blade razor sharp.