The Elite 28 is one of Mustang Survival’s more recent PFD’s and we recently had the opportunity to test it on the water. Day 10 of our 25 Days of Christmas Guide features one heckuva PFD in the Elite 28.
At the initial inspection, you immediately say “wow” with the Elite 28 PFD from Mustang Survival. It simply looks awesome and looks as though it would provide a great fit while out on the water. Where the Elite 28 differs from most inflatable PFD’s is that it still offers a full back to it. This provides a complete and snug fit to the angler, but is also extremely comfortable when being worn. I put the Elite 28 on just before I launched for a day on the water and spent a little over 8 hours on the water. At one point towards the end of the day I looked down and realized I had been wearing the PFD all day long and hadn’t even noticed. This is how comfortable the Elite 28 PFD performs on the water.
When looking for a PFD, I want something that will perform as a life saving device, but I also want it to be extremely comfortable for all day wear on the water. With the latest from Mustang Survival, there’s a quality PFD that will not only perform and function, but allow the angler to wear the PFD all day long.
Elite 28 – Mustang Survival
- Aerodynamic 3D chassis reduces drag at high speeds
- Shaped for optimum mobility and all day comfort
- Wide shoulder system eliminates neck fatigue
- Lightweight fabric shell, also used in the body armor industry
- Wicking mesh liner improves breathability
- Hydrostatic Inflator Technology will automatically inflate under water pressure, not inadvertently in rain, spray or humidity
- Provides 28lb (125N) buoyancy when inflated – more than 1.5 times the buoyancy of standard foam PFDs
- Bright fluorescent yellow-green inflation cell for improved in-water visibility*
- Backup oral inflation tube
- Status indicator window: green means it’s ready to go
- Sleek inflation handle prevents unnecessary interference or snags
- Intuitive side adjusters