Cuda Brand recently unveiled new products perfectly designed for the angler, including new additions to the Cuda Brand Pro Staff.
FAIRFIELD, Conn. (March 15, 2017) – Cuda Brand Fishing Tools kicks off its 2017 season with the announcement of Cuda’s official 2017 B.A.S.S. Elite Team and a new line of freshwater tools. The freshwater line includes six new tools ranging from pliers to clippers, all constructed with titanium-bonded stainless steel for added corrosion and adhesion resistance. The tools also feature Cuda’s signature non-slip scale pattern grips.
“To get the most of out of your fishing tools, it’s important to make sure they are uniquely suited for the task at hand,” said Capt. Rick Constantine, vice president of marketing and general manager for Acme United Corporation. “We designed the new line with input from our freshwater Pro Staff, resulting in powerful tools built solely with freshwater anglers in mind.”
The new freshwater line includes:
9” Cuda Pistol Grip Needle Pliers
- (#18096, MSRP: $28.99) – Designed with pistol grip handles and a long nose for removing hooks, along with integrated crimpers and titanium, fluorocarbon and mono cutter.
8” Cuda Needle Nose / Split Ring Pliers
- (#18112, MSRP: $22.99) – Features a long nose for removing hooks, ring splitter, integrated crimper and titanium wire, fluorocarbon and mono cutter.
10.25” Cuda Needle Nose Pliers
- (#18113, MSRP: $27.99) – Designed with a long nose for deep hook removal, also includes integrated crimper, as well as titanium wire, fluorocarbon and mono cutter.
- (#18114, MSRP: $26.99) – Featuring serrated jaws for cutting mono and fluorocarbon, non-slip, full-tang oversized thumb bows and an integrated hook sharpener. The high leverage, spring action forceps is perfect for easy hook removal and debarbing hooks.
- (#18116, MSRP: $14.99) – Ideal for clipping mono & fluorocarbon line, features integrated hook detangler, eye opener/cleaner, wire wrapper and diamond grit hook sharpener.
Cuda Jaw Spreader
- (#18117, MSRP: $19.99) – Includes a built-in auto-lock for safety and storage, the innovative spatula-tip design pries and opens jaws easily, while also holding the jaw open for hook extraction.
Cuda also announced the addition of two new members to its Pro Staff who will compete as part of the Bass Tournament Team:
- Bobby Lane: The 2007 Bassmaster Rookie of the Year, Bobby currently boasts seven top 10 finishes on the Bassmaster Elite Series.
- Clent Davis: Competing in fishing tournaments since the age of 10, Clent made his Bassmaster Elite Series debut in 2016.
“Cuda’s Pro Staff is created around some of the most elite and influential competitive anglers on the tour,” Constantine said. “The addition of both Bobby Lane and Clent Davis further reinforces Cuda’s reputation as a force on the Tournament Trail.”
The new additions join veteran Cuda angler Marty Robinson in representing Cuda Fishing Tools on the 2017 Bassmaster Tournament Trail. Cuda Team member Bobby Lane will be competing March 24 at the GEICO Bassmaster Classic presented by DICK’s Sporting Goods at Lake Conroe in Houston.
For more information about the Cuda Pro Staff and the new freshwater fishing tools, please visit CudaBrand.com.
Cuda fishing knives and tools are specifically designed for rigorous inshore, offshore and freshwater fishing. Cuda partners with professional fishermen as part of its Cuda Pros program, each hand-picked for their fishing accomplishments and dedication to the fishing community. Cuda Pros extensively test each tool, as well as provide professional insight and knowledge to ensure each Cuda product lives up to its reputation. For more information about the Cuda line and to learn more about Cuda Pros, visit http://www.cudabrand.com/.