Do I have a little something special for you all today! If you love seafood like we do, and SOUP like we do, this Creamy Tomato Seafood Bisque needs to get made in your kitchen this weekend! Shrimp and scallops engulfed in a creamy tomato soup made with veggies, tomatoes and cream cheese. Both rich and savory, but still works as just some good ol’ comfort food- This one is a must make for you seafood lovers out there!
Creamy Tomato Seafood Bisque
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) brick of cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons cooking sherry
- 2 pounds seafood, chopped (I used shrimp and bay scallops, chopped into bite size pieces)
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish, if desired
- In a soup pot, melt butter over high heat.
- Add all vegetables and bay leaf. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add flour and cook for another couple minutes, stirring to combine.
- Add tomatoes, oregano and broth; stir to combine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add sherry and cream cheese, stir and let cream cheese melt; reduce heat and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf. Puree with emulsion blender.
- Return to stove; add in shrimp and scallops; continue to simmer for another couple minutes until seafood is cooked.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
We hope you enjoy!