When heading to ICAST, I personally can’t wait to see all the new accessories that will be presented. Shoes, gloves, sunglasses, PFD’s, shields, etc…all are extremely important essentials for comfort and protection for out on the water- Let’s take a look at what caught our eye at this year’s event.
CURRENTS SHOE- Winner at ICAST 2015!! Best Footwear!
Great looking shoe that was incredibly lightweight with a nice outsole that had a good grip and non-slipping functionality. This shoe is not yet on the market, but we can’t wait to try them on and test for comfort!
- Seamless TPU welded and quick-dry mesh upper resists water retention
- No-line catch upper
- EVA footbed
- Siped for maximum slip resistance
- Non-marking rubber outsole
MEGAVENT PFG $130.00, Ladies MEGAVENT PFG $100.00
The leader in performance footwear, Columbia Sportswear, has done it again with the Megavent Shoe. Comparable to the very popular Drainmaker water shoe, the Megavent has added a few extra features to make them stand out.
- Blood n Guts water and stain resistant treatment
- Cast PU cage for protection combines with a breathable and ventilated open mesh
- Speed lace closure system
- Techlite comfort system footbed for extra support and cushioning
- Lower durometer EVA for the untimate in comfort and shock absorbancy
- Airflow and water drainable midsole ports
- Omni-Grip non-marking wet grip outsole with razor siping
BAHAMA VENT RELAXED MARLIN PFG $75.00
Very good looking casual shoe for everyday use.
- Combined mesh and leather upper
- Techlite midsole, superior cushion, high energy return
- Vent midsole ports
- Omni-Grip non-marking wet grip outsole with razor siping
PFDs-Personal Floatation Device
HELIOS 2.0. $134.95
This is my personal favorite PFD for the kayak. The yoke style is perfect for people who don’t want to wear a bulky vest. Available in a dark grey as well as the new Mango ladies print option below, the Helios 2.0 is a great fit, it’s lightweight, and has very little restriction on a paddler’s movement.
- NEW FOR 2015: Complete redesign for improved fit. Longer stole shape with comfort V-Yokel.
- 3D Mesh lining, and padded neoprene neck. Front Pocket and back DCAS for Strobe light or net.
- New improved fit and women’s color way
- Zippered front storage pocket
- Reflective trim
- Includes Signal Whistle
- Bayonet Style CO2 Cylinder Included
- Indicator Window
The ELITE SERIES (28, 28K, 38) INFLATABLE PFD’s
It’s time to push the limits of performance without compromise. Built on a revolutionary 3D chassis, the Elite™ Inflatable PFD stays put at high speeds, lets you move the way you want and need to and provides automatic inflation powered by Hydrostatic Inflator Technology. The 3D chassis reduces drag at speed, the wide shoulder system eliminates neck fatigue, a wicking mesh liner improves all-day comfort, dual-side adjusters ease fit and an exclusive sleek inflation handle prevents snags. The bright fluorescent yellow-green inflation cell provides 28 lb. buoyancy when inflated and improves visibility in a rescue scenario.
- Aerodynamic 3D chassis reduces drag at high speeds
- Shaped for optimum mobility and all day comfort
- Wide shoulder system eliminates neck fatigue
- Lightweight fabric shell, also used in the body armor industry
- Wicking mesh liner improves breathability
- Hydrostatic Inflator Technology will automatically inflate under water pressure, not inadvertently in rain, spray or humidity
- Provides 28lb (125N) buoyancy when inflated – more than 1.5 times the buoyancy of standard foam PFDs
- Bright fluorescent yellow-green inflation cell for improved in-water visibility*
- Backup oral inflation tube
- Status indicator window: green means it’s ready to go
- Sleek inflation handle prevents unnecessary interference or snags
- Intuitive side adjusters
- Neoprene Comfort Collar™
Through the Chromapop technology- color confusion is eliminated by filtering light at the specific areas where the color wavelengths crossover, where normally the eye would get confused. This creates definition and distinguishes colors quickly and more vividly. Specific lens colors are recommended for many different environments- Fresh water, Salt water, Ocean, Road, Trail, and Field.
The new GUIDES CHOICE , CAPTAINS CHOICE, CHALLIS, COLSON, WAYWARD, DOLEN, DOCKSIDE, AND DOVER frames with Chroma-Pop Technology! $209.00-$269.00
The ladies PURIST and PACE
The carbonic lenses provide superior impact protection and 100% protection from the sun’s rays. Hydrophilic megol nose pads for a secure fit, 6 base lens curvature, and auto-lock hinges. Evolve frame material.
For ZEISS, the focus is, and has been for over 160 years, optical excellence. Each lens is certified with a “Z” to confirm authenticity of the ZEISS quality and performance guarantee. Ergonomically wrapped lenses block more light from hitting your eyes, improve comfort and provide extra protection against rain, sand, and salt water. Permanent hydrophobic Ri-Pel coating is applied, through a vacuum process to shed away dirt, dust, water and oil for the lifetime of the lens, even in extreme heat. Premium grade polarizing film is permanently bonded into the lenses providing true color recognition, clarity and total UV-protection. Prices range from $149.99 to $169.99.
You’ll never have to watch your sunglasses float to the bottom of the river again with Peppers Floating Polarized Eyewear. I was very impressed with how fashion forward these frames were and with many different lens colors, these are not only great looking sunglasses, but with the floating technology and being polarized, they are very functional as well. At a great price point and a lifetime guarantee, these are great to have for a day on the water. Prices ranging from $24.99 to $44.99 and with a lifetime guarantee!
- INJECTED POLYCARBONATE POLARIZED LENS
The signature lens of the SMP Performance series, offers a superlative combination of clarity
- TUFF-CORE GRILAMID FRAME
Frames for total durability and flexibility
No more excuses for sunburns. No more hiding in the shade. UV BUFF® headwear keeps the sun fun while blocking 95% of harmful UV rays. Like the Original BUFF® product, the UV BUFF® can be worn more than 12 different ways, from a headband to a cap to a balaclava, for a personalized style and perfect fit.
UV BUFF- Professional Artist Series: Drew Brophy, DeYoung, and BugSlinger. $25.00
- Coolmax Extreme Fabric
- UV Protection
- Polygiene Odor Control
- Moisture Management
- Wind Resistant
- Quick Dry
- 100% Seamless
Tired of applying and re-applying loads of sunblock when you fish? Fishmasks™ has the solution – Their facemasks not only provide protection from the sun by blocking 99% of harmful UV Radiation, but they wick moisture and the mesh-inspired design allows the fabric to have incredible breathability. Goodbye are the days of fogging your sunglasses or wearing a mask that makes you feel overly hot. Fishing products can get a little funky smelling at times, which is why they have given this an Anti-Microbial tech application, cutting down on smell. 100% Made in the USA.
Fishmasks also provides a Custom Mask Program- Have your company logo applied and with zero minimums, this is an incredible deal, perfect for Guides, Shops, Outfitters, Brands, Uniforms, Events, and Promotions!
SINGLE LAYER TUBES $19.99
NRS has always been the leader in paddlesports gloves, and now they have raised the bar even higher. With lightweight sun protection, these gloves are comfortable, durable, and very functional with an incredible fit and finish.
The CASTAWAY GLOVE $29.95
- Open Finger Design with longer 1st and 2nd fingers
- Full synthetic leather ventilated palm with extra reinforcement on the 1st and 2nd finders for stripping line
- H2Core Rashguard fabric on the back provides UPF 50+ sun protection
- Extended wrist for added sun protection
The FREEZER ZERO Fingerless Gloves $32.00 and FREEZER ZERO Arm Sleeves $30.00
- Omni-Freeze TM ZERO sweat-activated cooling
- Omni-Wick TM EVAP advanced evaporation
- Omni-Shade TM UPF 50 sun protection
- Gloves- Perforated synthetic leather palm
- Gloves- Overlay at thumb
The TECHNICAL SUN GLOVE $45.00
Out on the Flats- a roasting sun means fried hands. Of course, there’s always sunscreen, but it tends to make slippery work of casting and line control. The solution is a light fingerless glove made from quick-drying, 30-UPF, recycled polyester/spandex fabric for the ideal combination of comfort and sun protection. The longer finger design, with pull tabs, reinforced palm and out-of-the-way seams make the Sun Gloves easy to slip on and off. Your hands will thank you.
- Glove fabric is made of 5.6-oz 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex circular- knit jersey, with 30-UPF sun protection
- Synthetic suede palm: 8.45-oz 50% nylon/50% polyester blend
- Longer finger coverage with convenient pull tabs for easy on/off
- 5.6-oz 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex circular knit jersey, with 30-UPF sun protection. Synthetic suede palm: 8.45-oz 50% nylon/50% polyester blend
The Pro Series ANGLER 3 GLOVES $45.00
This third edition features a pre-curve design to provide better hand articulation, next-to-skin feel to control every movement, and kevlar sewn overlays for strength. AX Suede palm grip fabric and AX Suede palm material provide better dexterity, superior sweat management, and fast drying, while being more environmentally friendly.
- Fingertip cut
- Stripping guard overlays
- Ergonomic palm design and anatomical thumb
- Grip palm overlay
- Reinforced welt seams
- Easy-on wrist pull
- Easy-off non catch finger pulls
- Extended wrist length